Administrative Services Header Image

Search this Site:

Bureau of Public Works, Design and Construction
Separator Image

Bidding:  Bid Invitations  Bid Results  BPW Project Status Info
Consultant Work:  Requests for Interest and Qualifications  Consultant Selection Information  Consultant Projects
Miscellaneous:  Public Works Documents  Labor Compliance  Links  FAQ  Contact Information

Frequently Asked Questions:

Browse the list below to find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. Visit this page often as we continue to add questions to the list.

Contact the NHDOT Finance & Contract Office

  • How do I initiate a Project with the BPW?
    On the BPW Home Page there is a link that allows the completion of a Work Request Form, which can be submitted electronically to our Business Administrator III or a PDF version that can be completed and faxed to our office 271-3515.  The Work Request provides pertinent information for the project that you would like assistance with.  It is important that all information is completed, including funding/financial information to support the cost of the work needed for your request.  Adobe Acrobat pdf fileBPW Project/Work Request Form or Microsoft Word symbolBPW Project/Work Request Form
  • Do all state building maintenance contracts have to through the BPW?
    RSA 21-I:79 Projects Under $25,000. State projects, as defined in RSA 21-I:78, IX, for which the estimated cost is equal to or does not exceed $25,000 may be done on a force account basis as defined in RSA 21-I:78, V, or by contracts awarded through competitive bidding administered by the using agency with the approval of governor and council.

    Although it is not required that BPW administer contracts under $25,000, it is recommended that our office review plans for renovations to a building that may affect any life and safety issues. 

    Projects over $25,000 require BPW oversight.

  • Can I hire my own consultant to develop and administer small (<$25,000.00) maintenance contracts?
    See answer to the previous question.  Applicable laws must be followed relative to hiring of vendors/consultants and obtaining Governor and Council approval.

Contact the NHDOT Finance & Contract Office

Contact Us.

Top of Page

separator graphic
State Seal NH.Gov |    Privacy Policy |    Accessibility Policy |    Site Map |    Contact Us